Saturday, January 30, 2010

Painted Lampshade Makeover

I was so pleased with the way our fabric covered lampshade turned out. I asked in my last post if I should have Brooks stencil on the front of the lamp. Everyone agreed that we needed to "go for it" and add a stenciled design. I was looking for an old Paris grain/feed sack style. I found this image on line and printed it out.
Brooks taped it to the lampshade
He used a ballpoint pen to outline the image through the paper directly onto the lampshade.
Here you can see the faint outline.
Then he took fabric paint and followed the lines he created. Then he painted the scroll work and the "flower market" free hand. This is how it looks on the buffet. I LOVE IT!!! It is exactly what I was going for. A whole new look for this lampshade was achieved for $16. Can't beat that with a stick. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment