Monday, June 1, 2009

The Building Blocks of Business- Referrals

There is a joke around our neighborhood that you do not hire a contractor for your house without first checking with us, the Tuckers. I have been in the advertising business in the Nashville area for over 12 years. In that time I have worked with every possible combination of small business owner from carpet cleaners to air conditioning companies, to restaurants and car dealers. I know the inside scoop on who does the best work, at the right price, on time and with a smile.

If you need an air conditioning service person you should call Craig Killebrew at 615-414-8816. He works by day for one of the big companies in town. He works nights and weekends to build his own service business. He is honest and full of integrity and always a great price. I respect the fact that he drives all the way home to drop off his day vehicle to pick up his personal vehicle to start his service calls for the evening. When I had to replace my unit last year he asked if he could have the old unit for spare parts to help some people that couldn't afford to replace their units. He could take parts from mine and put some band aids on their units to tide them over for a while. What a needed service he is providing.

I could go on and on about some of the great people I have worked with over the years. I place huge value on referrals, so I would like to take this opportunity to thank one of our clients for what is turning into a long list of referrals. Jeff and Annie Mochrie, owners of the Coffee Shop in Mt. Juliet, TN. They bought this place several months ago. It was formerly, Taylor Made Cafe. It is in a cute little house on Mt. Juliet Road. They wanted to make it stand out from the road and warm it up on the inside with some character. We think it turned out great and I am including some pictures. Since completing their project, Annie and Jeff have sent us several referrals that have turned into clients for us. We can't thank them enough. Did I mention this is a great spot for breakfast, lunch and a great cup of Joe without the attitude of some of those coffee chains. Even though we do lots of advertising and I am in the advertising business, nothing works better that a referral from a satisfied customer, period.

So, if you experience great service tell a couple of friends, twitter about it, tell a few strangers. You will be passing along blessings to both the businesses you refer and the people who call them. And by all means if you need a referral for someone in the Nashville area send me an e-mail. I have a list a mile long.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dana~
    I loved reading some of the past posts. It makes me so happy to see art as a part of life, and it certainly has been, and is, for you!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete