Sunday, August 9, 2009

Faux Blogger List Inspired by "Julie & Julia"


I went to see the movie Julie & Julia last night. It was a "laugh out loud" kind of movie. It was also a great movie for foodies and bloggers alike. I am both. I was very intrigued as a new blogger to watch Julie continue to blog even though she wasn't getting any feedback and had no idea if anyone was reading her blog. She eventually started getting reader comments and feedback that fueled her to keep on cooking and blogging. Even though I have analytics set up for this blog it only tells me how many people are coming and not "who" is coming. I started blogging with a couple of audiences in mind. I wanted to blog to showcase our works in progress and recently completed projects to potential clients. I also wanted to offer some advice and tips to people who wanted to try do it yourself projects. I have discovered a third audience as I have proceeded through the months. This audience is fellow faux artists. I find myself drawn to other artist's blogs for inspiration, to learn the newest techniques and frankly for a sense of community. Imagine my surprise when I was reading my favorite "faux blog", Fauxology, and discovered they had put up a link to my blog. I had a big smile on my face from ear to ear. I felt like we had arrived in the cyber world of faux.
I want to make this post a reference point for blogs by faux artisans around the web. I have started a small list below. Leave me a comment or send me an e-mail and I will add your blog to our list. And by all means, if you see an article or a picture on a blog that you think is cool, leave a comment. As I am sure you are aware artists thrive on praise. Give a little, get a little, that's all I'm saying. It's tough out there, let's stick together and support each other.
"If you're in a good profession it's hard to get bored, because you're never finished- there will always be work you haven't done" - Julia Child
Faux Blog List:

6 comments:

  1. Please include me in your list! My website is www.RachelSejas.com and my blog is www.PaintedLadyRachel.com I am a faux finisher in Memphis

    Rachel Sejas
    The Painted Lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you are saying with not knowing who is or who isn't reading one's blog. I know that I get quite a lot of visitors but I feel that some are leary of really posting feeling that what they say may not be just the right thing or that thier thoughts are not what we are looking for. I love it when they do leave comments regardless and I always try to leave comments to those that I do visit.
    thank you for adding my blog to your list..
    Isn't Reigina from Fauxology the greatest!!!I love her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wow. How in the heck did I miss this post? Thank you for such kind words -- it means the world to read them. Even with the stats, sometimes you really don't know who is out there, reading. I totally feel what you are saying, Dana! I remember getting my first comment ever and I just about floated that day. Can't wait to continue reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regina, thanks for the comment. I love your work and style on Fauxology. I send people there all the time. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey this is Joy from the Nashville Home Show! I loved seeing your work there, it's wonderful =o)

    I saw you mentioned Analytics for stats (I'm assuming Google?) try statcounter.com. I think its much better, and you can at least get a general idea of where people are coming from (town/city/state)! It's free, too =o)

    Can't wait to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joy, thanks for the comment and the tip on analytics. I'll check it out. Great meeting you.

    ReplyDelete